Thursday, February 12, 2009

".05"

Have you ever wondered how much better your life would be if only you could be with the person you love? If so, than you are not alone. Poets such as myself and Ishmael Reed have often times pondered on this question, and you can clearly see this in the poem “0.5”
For starters, the language that Ishmael Reed uses can be best described as simple language because the poem is easy to read, understand, and it makes the reader feel as if they are having a conversation with the writer. For instance, when Ishmael Reed says” If I had a nickel For all the women who`ve Rejected me in my life…..” “ If I had a nickel for all the women who`ve loved me in my life….” He allows the reader to understand what he is saying by making the language he uses a little easier to relate to.
Another reason why I love this poem is because it is very romantic. It seems as though the writer wanted to beloved and how important for him to find someone to love and that it would make him feel happy.
Last but not least, the final reason why I love this poem so much is the constant use of compare and contrast. He uses this technique to describe the different jobs he would have, the lives he would live, and the feelings towards each circumstance.

No comments: